Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dragon Ball Z Kai-The Good The Bad The Ugly

                                      NERD RAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!

Dragon Ball Z was so freaking cool. I remember always getting up Saturday morning and watching it on Cartoon Network and every episode I watched I loved. Well not the filler ones. Those pissed me off. I was so hooked on the show that I bought the Manga, the VHS Tapes the Action Figures and the games. It was and is still my dfavorite show.

Then it went off air.
When Toonami ended broadcasting, I lost intrest on the TV and who wouldn't? Some of the greatest shows on TV like Samuari Jack, Megas XLR, Rurouni Kenshin, and Dragon Ball Z were on Toonami. So for awhile I paid little intrest to the TV. Then in April 2010, one of my friends told me about Dragon Ball Z KAI airing on Nicktoons. At first my reation was:




Then it turned to dissapointment. Nicktoons? It was bound to be bad. Yet, I wantede to relive my childhood so why not? So the day came when the first episode came on and...I loved it. It was awesome. Kai was basically Z times 100. (GT Reference anybody?) No filler, True to the manga, kickass music and VA and retouched graphics. I mean sure, there was no blood or cussing, but still it was cool. To this date I've watched all Kai episodes (The Japanese ones too)

Sadly, Nicktoons wasn't the only channel to air Kai because some things are too good to be true. CWTLA's Toonzai block also aired Kai but...see for yourself....





Yep, Toonzai refuses to show any kind of death or injury or guns what-so-ever. Even if it's eating bug people. Damn you Toonzai.

BUT WAIT!!! HOPE STILL REMAINS!!!!

The DVD's came out and fortunately, Funimation had the guts to include what was meant for Kai. That means blood, violence, and ALOT of cussing. More than the original. BUT WHO CARES!!!!
Unfortunately, the music for Kai got scraped due to Yamamoto infringing on Terminator.

See for yourself.



So season 5 up and further airings of Kai on Nicktoons and Toonzai have old Z music. (Which  sucks.) Still  Kai is still cool none the less.

My final note is to definately buy the DVD's. They're worth the money regardless of music.

Until next time
SNELLING

No comments:

Post a Comment